split delete funny stuff

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Feb 23 13:41:32 EST 2010

On 23 February 2010 at 10:32, Derek Atkins said:

> "Colin Scott" <gnucash at double-bars.net> writes:
>
> > Actually, it has always struck me as rather eccentric, not to mention as
> > an accident waiting to happen, that the program does not have separate
> > choices for "delete this split" and "delete this transaction.
>
> Define "Separate Choices"?  It most certainly does differentiate based on
> the register mode.  If you're in Basic mode it assumes "delete this
> transaction" always.  If you're in expanded mode then it depends which
> line you're on; it will ask you whether you want to delete this split or
> all the other splits.

Which version is that?

I'm using 2.2.9 (on Windows). In unsplit "Basic Ledger" view, obviously
"Delete" refers to the currently-selected transaction.

In any expanded view (and I've tried Auto-Split, Transaction Journal and
Basic-Ledger-with-Split, and also the General Ledger), "Delete" against
the top line refers to the transaction, and "Delete" against a split line
refers to the split. I can't see how to make it ask whether I mean just
this split or all splits.

(Not that I want it to: the way it works now seems perfectly intuitive to
me.)