Reconciling an earlier date that the last reconciled

papa.eric at free.fr papa.eric at free.fr
Thu Feb 25 18:53:15 EST 2010

Thanks,

I thinks I understood what I missed: the starting reconciled balance is the sum of all reconciled transactions. Not just those earlier than the reconciling date.

So after adding earlier transactions, reconciling should still use the last date already reconciled, then the balance makes sense. My mistake was trying to reconcile only from the bank report I added: I wanted to add june 2009 and reconcile with the final june 2009 balance, but since I had reconciled everything up to january 2010, I should reconcile with always the same january value.

This turns out to be quite simple. I think it would be less misleading if a warning was issued when entering a reconciling date earlier than the last one (which would only make sense after de-reconciling latest transactions).

Eric