Recording Non-Taxable Dividends

Anthony gnucash at inbox.org
Sat Jan 2 12:42:04 EST 2010

By the way, if you do want your retirement asset account to reflect the
market value (best to update it at some regular period like the end of each
month/quarter/year), something like "unrealized gains - retirement accounts"
would go in the equity section of your balance sheet to keep things
balanced.  Then you'd move it to income when you take the money out.

What type of retirement account are we talking about?  Are the contributions
deductible?  If so, how are you recording them?