Year end procedure...

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:04:12 EST 2010

Hi Ken,

On 1/2/10 7:29 AM, Ken G. said:
> Well, I just closed out my Book for the year of 2009.  I was somewhat
> surprised to see the register are still hanging around from last
> year.  I may have wrongly assumed they would disappeared.  Is that
> normal?

Yes, that's normal. The Close Books feature only has the effect of
creating one or more transactions that move your total income and
expense balances into your equity account. It doesn't `archive' or
delete any transactions. Although some people like to start a new,
`clean' GnuCash file with each year, it isn't really necessary and also
it's a little complicated to do.

HTH,

Yawar