GLIB >= 2.6 is required to build Gnucash

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Sun Jan 3 02:03:27 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 19:15 -0600, Per Kjeldaas wrote:
> Trying to install gnucash 2.3.8, I get the error message:
>
> GLIB >= 2.6 is required to build Gnucash ...
>
> still, after having installed the latest version of glib (2.23.1)

Some Linux distributions use separate packages for the run-time and
development libraries (Ubuntu, which I use, is an example).  If this is
the case, you are likely to have only installed the run-time libraries,
and need to install the packages that contain the development libraries
that are build dependencies of gnucash.

You need to install the development packages that gnucash needs.  In the
case of Ubuntu, you can do this at a command line with
  sudo apt-get build-dep gnucash
The correct command (or GUI equivalent) is distribution-dependent.  To
enable list members to give more specific advice, we need to know what
distribution you are running.