Deduction for Mileage?

Fred Frigerio frigerio at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 3 09:27:40 EST 2010

Except that miles don't accumulate at different values over time. If you
really want to track miles this way you would want to make a subaccount with
the commodity and have do two transactions. One to credit the miles to it
and another to debit it (at .55 per mile) to convert it to $ on the parent
account that is a $ account. That way you have both the $ value and the
miles number. When the allowance changes to some other value (say .60) then
you don't have to worry about it messing your accounting.

Fred F