Open Multiple Windows?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Jan 3 15:48:31 EST 2010

Hi,

I have no problem with multiple instances of GC on my SuSE system - GC is
version 2.2.7 and I can have current and previous year's files open
simultaneously - I just click the relevant data files, and a new instance of
GC is started.

ISTR that I have been able to do this when I got round to doing year end in
April/May for the last few years.

Maf.

On Sunday 03 January 2010 17:00:00 Colin Scott wrote:
> It's not really meant to be possible, but I have done this in Windows
> (and just checked it out again to make sure it still works!).
>
> I have a full installation of gnucash (2.3.5 in this case) which I've
> been playing with.  I also have a PortableApps version of gnucash on a
> USB stick (though this also works from the hard disk).  If you're not
> familiar with PortableApps, see http://portableapps.com/.
>
> If I start the PortableApps version first, the installed version will run
>
> simultaneously (but note that it doesn't work the other way around).
>
> Colin

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542