New user setup questions

Sedes Gobhani redrackem at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 00:30:50 EST 2010

Hi - thanks in advance for helping.

1. I set up accounts with typical setup and added mortgage and other loans,
and checking account.  Checking account ends up correctly in Current Assets.
Mortgage and Other Loan ended up in new major account category called
"Loans".  I thought Loans would be placed under Liabilities account heading,
as I read there are 5 major types of accounts (Assets, Liabilities, yada
yada).

2. I tried to search the archives before asking but couldn't find where to
search.  Where is the forum search tool, or how do others accomplish this?
Thanks!

SG