how to edit exchange rate of the Placeholder account

Rafferty Uy rafferty.uy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:40:59 EST 2010

Hi Derek,

I'm trying to follow the instructions in:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/invest-stockprice1.html#invest-stockprice-auto2

Was I right to download and install Active Perl first? Then attempted to
install the gnc-fq-update by typing "perl gnc-fq-update" on the command
line.

I am getting a lot of errors after running this. The last part of the
installation shows me the error below:

The required 'nmake' executable not found, fetching it...
Fetching 'Nmake15.exe' from download.microsoft.com... done!
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: prerequisite HTML::TableExtract 0 not found.
Writing Makefile for Finance::Quote
---- Unsatisfied dependencies detected during ----
----     ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz    ----
    HTML::TableExtract [requires]
Running make test
  Delayed until after prerequisites
Running make install
  Delayed until after prerequisites
Running install for module 'HTML::TableExtract'
Running make for M/MS/MSISK/HTML-TableExtract-2.10.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory
C:\Perl\cpan\build\HTML-TableExtract
-2.10-gGUOpE
Could not make: Unknown error
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
Running make for E/EC/ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory
C:\Perl\cpan\build\Finance-Quote-1.1
7-ISjTQn

  CPAN.pm: Going to build E/EC/ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz

Warning: Prerequisite 'HTML::TableExtract => 0' for
'E/EC/ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-
1.17.tar.gz' failed when processing
'M/MS/MSISK/HTML-TableExtract-2.10.tar.gz' w
ith 'make => NO'. Continuing, but chances to succeed are limited.
'nmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
  ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz
  nmake -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Rafferty