Stock price changes and asset-equity balance

Fred Frigerio frigerio at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 5 13:13:22 EST 2010

Traditionally I don't think the value of assest is changed on the books like
that. However, I do keep track of that annually for the house and cars.
Essentially I have an Income (House except for last year :0 ) or Expense
(cars). I don't really worry about the stocks until they become a realized
gain or loss. I guess you could do something similar quarterly or as often
as you'd like. I don't believe there is an automated way for GC to track
stocks, etc in the way you (and I) would like.

Fred F