UK Banks

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 18:35:49 EST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 12:51 PM, David Goodenough wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 January 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> David Goodenough <david.goodenough at linkchoose.co.uk> writes:

>>> I would also be interested to know if there are any UK banks to which
>>> you can upload an OFX file to initiate transactions.
>>
>> Unfortunately GnuCash does not support OFX Upload, and probably never
>> will due to lack of an open test platform.  Are YOU willing to let a
>> developer use YOUR account to test transaction initiation?  ;-)

>> -derek
>>
> My question was a general one, not about GnuCash.  However as with
> payment gateways I would expect that test systems were available and
> that the bank would reject (with meaningful errors) any badly constructed
> data.

Your assumption about test system availability is overly optimistic with respect to OFX. Intuit has never made a test server available at a price anyone other than a bank or commercial bank/credit union service organization would be willing to pay. And they are pretty much the only game in town for OFX servers. The only other servers available are from individual banks who decided to roll their own software. I can't imagine _any_ of those banks allowing outsiders access to their server for testing.

> David

Dave
--
David Reiser