UK Banks

David Goodenough david.goodenough at btconnect.com
Tue Jan 5 10:05:05 EST 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any bank in the UK where you can automatically download the
> statement to gnucash without having to download statement to file
> manually and then import in gnucash?
>
> Cheers,

I would also be interested to know if there are any UK banks to which
you can upload an OFX file to initiate transactions.

Barclays certainly have the facility to download QFX files (which are OFX
with a couple of extra clauses) into Quickbooks, but I have never used it
and I do not know how manual it is and you have to register specifically
for it and Intuit imply that there might be a charge associated with it.  You
can of course also download OFX (and QFX) files manually with your
browser.

David