Fwd: RHEL install of GnuCash on CentOS 5.4; starts and ends with a flash

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 02:09:38 EST 2010

Hi Bill;

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 22:48, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  I then did an RHEL install of GnuCash via yum.
>
> Where from? I just tested the 2.2.7 EPEL version on a x86_64 RHEL 5
> VM, and it worked OK. (I'll work on getting 2.2.9 out there; I thought
> I had already done that.)
>
> What sort of errors do you get, if any?
>
> Bill

I don't remember now.  I read the hints displayed by configure and
went to the Bugzilla bugs that were mentioned and I believe I found a
link for RHEL for GnuCash and I did the the rpm and yum commands that
were mentioned there.

The install went fine.  The GnuCash menu item is there.

When I invoke it, a very quick flash of a screen appears and then
immediately vanishes.  No error messages.

Now how do I uninstall it and how do I get the "right bits"?

Thanks,
Ken