Files, logs, etc.

James Wilde james.wilde at sunde-wilde.com
Mon Jan 11 09:38:38 EST 2010

On Jan 11, 2010, at 15:13 , James Wilde wrote:

> If Accounts becomes corrupt, I can rename Accounts.<date><time2>.xac to Accounts and I'm going again.  Or I can open Accounts.<date><time1>.xac and GC will read Accounts.<date><time1>.log and Accounts.<date><time2>.log and upon my pressing 'Save' it will create a file called Accounts which includes all my transactions including the two above.  In fact if I have a whole chain of .xac and .log files, I can open any .xac file and GC will read all subsequent .log files and generate my Accounts file again.  Right now I have about thirty of each in my Accounts folder, and I'm thinking of reducing the number of log files down to, say, three.  If I make this change manually in preferences, will the excess .xac and .log files be automatically removed?

Sorry, I didn't read Preferences properly.  I can't reduce log files to a specific number, only to a specific period of time.

BTW, if I have auto-save set to five minutes and I'm using GC for an hour, will I have twelve .xac and .log files at the end of the hour?  And is that so even if I have not done anything for the last half-hour?

//James