Gnucash-doc PLEASE help

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 19 10:43:10 EST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 4:01 AM, Michael Anthony wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just installed Gnucash on my new MacBook Pro :) but when I run the program and try to access help there is a message saying that Gnucash-docs is not installed. I have searched for an answer some say I need MacPorts others Darwin Ports and also there seems to be doubt if either will work with OS X.
> I am not a computer whiz but having played with Gnucash a bit and I would really like to use it so please can you advise me how I can get the help/tutorial file working?

Before you went off searching, did you read the "Readme OSX" document that's included in the dmg, posted on the Sourceforge download page, and conspicuously linked in the download box on the Gnucash web page?

No?

Go read it. The answer is there.

Installing the docs from Macports won't do you any good, because a) that's not the problem and b) Gnucash.app doesn't talk to Macports-installed programs.

Regards,
John Ralls