Custom Report loading

Jason Dunham jwdunham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:00:04 EST 2010

I'm trying to write a custom report for Gnucash.  I'm using version 2.3.8
for Windows.

Following the directive in http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports, I
created a new file C:\Users\jdunham\.gnucash\config.user, and it contains
the contents

(load-from-path "D:\jason\gnucash\custom\JasonsReport.scm")

The report does not load, even though I am sure that path is valid, and the
following is in the trace file.

<unnamed port>: In procedure primitive-load-path in expression
(primitive-load-path name):
<unnamed port>: Unable to find file "D:jasongnucashcustomJasonsReport.scm"
in load path
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* [primitive-load-path "D:jasongnucashcustomJasonsReport.scm"]
*   WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute child
process (No such file or directory)

Note the lack of any backslashes in the trace file's version of my path.  I
moved the file to C:\Users\jdunham\.gnucash (the same folder containing this
config.user file), and changed the directive to (load-from-path
"JasonsReport.scm"), but I get very similar results:

<unnamed port>: Unable to find file "JasonsReport.scm" in load path

Any advice?

Jason