Help with monthly tranche of fonds

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Sun Jan 24 17:08:37 EST 2010

Hello,

Am Samstag, 23. Januar 2010 um 17:20:16 schrieb Johannes Graumann:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently returned to gnucash from a stint to kmymoney and am at a
> loss with respect to my fonds depot. Every month I buy fonds for a specific
> amount and do not understand how to deal with that in gnucash.

Did you read http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/chapter8.html
aka gnucash-guide.xml#chapter_invest
or the german page http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/De/Aktienhandel ?

> I increase
> the fonds in the depot, but I have no clue how to deduct the appropriate
> amount from my checking account ... the unbalanced amount is in fonds
> units, not EUR ...

Sounds like you made something wrong. How did you start your transaction?

> I hope this makes sense to someone.
>
> Please help, Joh

Frank

P.S. There is also a german list gnucash-de.