Recording Paycheck and Gift Cards

USFMD82 mdavisusf82 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 15:22:49 EST 2010

Hello, fairly new user here.. I have received a $50 Gift Card, and Also my
first paycheck since I began accounting with GNU cash.

When I put the $50 credit into my Income:Gifts Received what account do  I
debit (I assume Opening balances)

I plan on doing the breakdown on the paychecks rather then enter just net
pay Lets assume I got $1000 from my employer.. so I what account am I going
to put there for where the money is coming from?

I seem to rely on the "Opening Balance" for this money that kind of just
appears  I am still getting used to teh double entry method but I like it so
far!