transaction report not so useless after all

cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com cognitive.libertarian+ml at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 04:06:27 EDT 2010

* Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> [2010-07-02 16:58]:

> I haven't tried, but I think that the Transaction Report can mostly
> handle these cases, although I suspect that the substring matching
> is beyond present capability.
>
> I find the transaction report to me highly useful for general
> day-to-day reports, and use certain others at year end only.

Thanks for pointing that out.

In my initial search for a way get a report to my specifications, I
immediately dismissed the transaction report as useless because when
it first came up it showed only transactions from one account (the
account tab that I happened to have in focus), and I thought report
options only allowed a date range.

Now you've caused me to look at it more closely, and indeed the
options are richer than it seemed.  The "Accounts" tab within the
report options is the most significant but easy to overlook.  If the
accounts tab were the first to appear (rather than general), it would
suggest to the user to pay attention to it.  Or perhaps I'm just an
obscure one-off case here.

-----
Reply etiquette: Please avoid using Reply-All so that list members do
not receive duplicates, and respect the mail-followup-to header and
reply only to the list.  Thank you.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
**END OF MESSAGE - IGNORE BELOW THIS LINE**