Report "magic"

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Jul 4 11:37:00 EDT 2010

> It's a Linux file manager/browser. It's not a multi-platform solution,
> so it's only applicable if you run Linux. There are equivalent
> programs for the other OSes that GnuCash runs on.

The point is that while GnuCash exports to the HTML format you can
either perform your additional editing directly IF you have available an
HTML editor or you can take the data in HTML format and convert it to
some other format for which you do have an editor. Almost all of us have
a favorite editor we would prefer to use and so would most likely choose
the second option instead of obtaining and learning how to use some new
editor.

Precisely what our "accountant" told me when I asked about adding the
capability to GnuCash. That he, like any other accountant would much
prefer using a favorite editor than learning how to use whatever
capability I added to GnuCash. Are we here perhaps asking for the wrong
"new feature"? Perhaps instead of more editing capability within GnuCash
the ability to export into more of the common data formats?

Michael