Foreign currency invoice

Wojciech Piekutowski w.piekutowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 08:40:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've started using GNUCash for my company financial management. My
main currency is PLN. I have a customer FOO with currency set to EUR.
I create an invoice assigned to that company. My A/R account is in
PLN. When I post this invoice to this account the Invoice and Payment
columns are empty, which may be correct. I process the payment by
entering the paid amount in EUR and post this to my bank account
(PLN). However, I still see this transaction without any amounts. I
thought I would be asked to provide the PLN/EUR exchange rate, but
nothing like this has happened. Could you tell me how to properly
handle invoices with a foreign currency?

Greetings,
Wojciech Piekutowski