python bindings

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Thu Jul 8 02:50:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:36:14 -0400

Derek> > What about the possibility to use Python to tweak gnucash
Derek> > reports or this is still domain to be covered by eguile?
Derek>
Derek> There will not be a python interpreter in GnuCash, so no, you
Derek> cannot use Python to tweak or create reports internally.

Hmm, at the moment I have to play to Roundup
(http://roundup.sourceforge.net/) issue tracker which uses Zope's TAL
(Template Attribute Language) which enables one to (relatively) easy
tweak the tracker's templates.

That's why I'm curious about the ability to tweak/create reports
*externally*?

Derek> You could, however, write a standalone python report.  Or
Derek> indeed you could write any standalone python app to read or
Derek> manipulate gnucash data.

Does python bindings for gnucashe help here?

Anyone has any idea/desire to work on it?

Of course, TAL templates are just given as idea...we are aware that
there are many templating languages available for Python and it looks
that there is more separation of content & the form than in the eguile
which would make such solution more appealing to non-guile-hackers
(aka: end-users)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6