How do you pronounce Gnu-Cash?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:10:18 EDT 2010

On 9 July 2010 11:55, Aleksandr <peace at aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net> wrote:
>  How is Gnu-Cash pronounced?
>
> Is it like New Cash?

This is my major complaint about GnuCash (which I pronounce with a
hard G).  The name does not trip off the tongue well.  I used to use
Quicken and could say to my wife "Have you done the Quickening?".
"Have you done the GnuCashing?" just does not work, with or without a
hard G.  I consider this to be a major issue and cannot believe that
the developers have not done something about it.  Perhaps I should
fork the development repository so I can have a version with a better
name.

Colin L