Direct Debit

Pelle Nilsson pellenilsson at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 13 06:35:40 EDT 2010

Hi!

We are in need for a new accounting software for a small organization
that makes frequent use of a bank service known in Sweden as
"auto-giro". According to Wikipedia, this translates as "Direct Debit",
"pre-authorized debit (PAD)" or "pre-authorized payment (PAP)". The
service makes it possible to set up once-per-month transactions from
customers to our account, so that a fixed sum is transferred each month.
To set up this for a new customer, a permit from the customer is needed
(I don't know if "permit" is the correct formal word in english), and
the accounting software needs to be able to produce files containing
such permits to the bank. I would like to know if GNUCash can handle
this before we start learning it.

/Pelle