Transaction Report

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Jul 14 13:24:36 EDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:08 +0100 (BST)
"Colin Scott" <gnucash at double-bars.net> wrote:

>[...] I often, for clarity of the accounts, enter transactions with
>multiple splits [...]
>
>When _this_ transaction is printed on the bank account's Transaction
>Report, then under "other account" it simply prints "split" instead of
>the accout name.  [...] As it stands, the
>transaction report is actually pretty useless for what I need it for

I had exactly the same problem:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/report-aggregate-interest-per-account-td1427666.html
(I had entered interest payments as split transactions (gross interest
income, tax deduction at source, net interest payment)

I wanted to produce a transaction report of gross interest payments per
bank account, which was not possible for the reasons you described
above.

I ended up recreating 5 years' worth of transactions entering them as
separtate transactions rather than splits. Now I can produce the
transaction reports I need.

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz