aqbanking crashes during setup

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 15 13:47:33 EDT 2010

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> On Jul 14, 2010, at 5:50 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:
>
>> On Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Is there an "ldd" equivalent on OSX?  On Linux/Unix I can run:
>>>
>>>  ldd /path/to/some/libfoo.so
>> [...]
>>
>> otool -L /path/to/some/libfoo.dylib
>>

> Which unfortunately turns up nothing helpful. As with ldd, it can't detect dlopened dependencies.

True, but a dlopen() failure is something that can be logged -- it wont
crash the program (unless the code is poorly written and doesn't check
whether the dlopen() succeeds for fails).  However you can often use ldd
to determine *why* a dlopen() fails (if it's missing a dependency)!
Just run the ldd/otool on the shared object.