Unable to open gnucash

Dr. Md. Aminul Islam Khan aikhan_lab at bdcom.net
Fri Jul 16 12:22:31 EDT 2010

Thank you for the pointer, but, things there are too complex for me.
So I did Apt-get remove gnucash and Apt-get install gnucash.
Got working version of 2.2.6 which now opens my previous files.
Can I install GC 2.3.14 (I have downloaded the tar.gz file) alongside
the GC 2.2.6 ?
I am using ubuntu 9.04