Debit a 'Checking Account' Only

John P. New jnew at hazelden.ca
Mon Jul 19 09:48:43 EDT 2010

If all of the transactions in the "Imbalance" account are to become
transactions in a "Checking" account, then simply edit the "Imbalance" account
(Edit>Edit Account when in the Accounts tab) and change the name of the
"Imbalance" account to "Checking",  Make sure that you choose the correct
values for the various options, especially "Account Type" and "Parent
Account", and you should be set.

The next time you have a transaction that doesn't balance, GNUCash will create
a new "Imbalance" account, and leave the changed one alone.

I just tried this with GNUCash 2.2.9.

John New