Aqbanking problems?

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Fri Jun 4 10:39:59 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Freitag 04 Juni 2010, AS wrote:
> I just got a letter from my credit card company saying that my account
> had been "compromised" (fancy word for being ripped off).
>
> What is the possibility that Aqbanking is the cause of it or the source
> from which some bum got my card info?
[...]

The only moment AqBanking sends your login information is when you contact the
bank server to retrieve your transactions via OFX Direct Connect, and even
then this information is protected by TLS/SSL. So AqBanking doesn't leak your
information. AqBanking's OFX DirectConnect implementation can't even generate
transfer requests.

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/