Upgrade from v2.3.1 - sql schema conversion

bdebrabant bdebrabant at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:30:19 EDT 2010

On 07/06/10 21:22, Klaus Dahlke wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:25:27 +0100
> Baptiste Debrabant <bdebrabant at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Is there a place where I can get some doc on the db schema so I can
>> convert the data myself?
>>

> Hi Baptiste,
> in one or the other case when working with gnucash-2.3.x it worked for me to save the data as xml (i.e., xac-file). The xml could be open by gnucash 2.2.9 also. Then, I installed a new version of gnucash (2.3.y), opened the previously saved xml-file and the did a 'save as postgresql' to a new database.
>
> Best regards,
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the advice, it did work eventually.
I realized it was initially crashing due to some dummy entries (not sure
why they've been generated) in the price editor with duplicated null
guid (0 only).
There's a primary key on this guid, which was preventing the db creation.
Dumped all entries from the price editor, and saved as a new db.

Regards,
Baptiste