Need procedure to setup mysql for Gnucash in window

Chronos LLC chronosllc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:52:01 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I just wanted to update to this thread - maybe folks have already figured
things out, I didn't read/search all that much beyond this "Need procedure
to setup mysql for Gnucash in
window<http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2009-December/032426.html>"
thread.

What I found is that when using the host as "localhost" and the database
name something other than "gnucash" then I received the error that was
posted earlier.

But if I used the host address of: "127.0.0.1:3306" and the default database
name of "gnucash" then all worked without a problem.  The version of GNUCash
I'm running is the windows bin 2.3.14.

I hope this is helpful for someone.