Batch account assignment

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 18:15:51 EDT 2010

Derek's comments regarding memorized transactions and teaching the importer are very important points to consider. Fred's suggestion to create a temporary top-level account is, as well.

My suggestion is to open the imbalance account that has all these transactions, set the register view to Auto-Split or Transaction Journal, and begin working your way through the transactions, changing Imbalance-USD to your other account. As you press enter on these transactions, they will disappear from the current register, and you can keep track of what still remains. It's not automatic, but it is a little easier to see what's going on.

David