Unable to open gnucash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jun 22 08:00:30 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010, Dr. Md. Aminul Islam Khan wrote:
> Ubuntu 9.04 OS
> Gnucash most probably 2.2.9,

I seem to remember potential problems when you have both guile 1.6 and 1.8
installed.

GnuCash requires slib together with guile and I believe slib is not set up
properly for guile 1.8 on Ubuntu, only for guile 1.6.

See this thread on the same subject (it's about developing on GnuCash, but the
core issue is the same):
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2010-May/028378.html

Geert