Workflow for recording sales to be invoiced later.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Jun 23 10:12:19 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 23 June 2010, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I want to do the following.
>
> Record a sale for a customer. Maybe a few days later record another
> sale for the same customer etc.  At the end of the month I want to
> generate invoices for the customers that I have sold things to.
> Ideally I would be able to automatically email the customers their
> invoices. As a fallback I would like to print all the invoices
> (hopefully to a PDF printer so I can email them manually).
>
> How do I go about doing something like this?

There are likely several ways to deal with this.

What I would do is to create an invoice with the business functions, and add
sales to it as they come in.

Only at the end of the month, I'd post the invoice. Then you can generate an
invoice report for the invoice (there are three variants, easy, fancy and
printable invoice, all in the reports menu), which you can then print. If you
are on linux or OS X printing to pdf comes pre-installed with the system. On
windows you can install a pdf printer yourself, like pdfcreator.

There is no automated way to email the invoices from within GnuCash though.

Regards,

Geert