Report customization nightmare

Gour gour at gour-nitai.com
Tue Jun 29 16:31:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:41:14 -0400

Derek> In terms of reports, I would ask why all these so many users
Derek> want to write custom reports?  What's wrong with the existing
Derek> reports that already exist?  Can they be extended to meet the
Derek> needs of more people?

Well, in my case I'd be satisfied just with the ability to more easily
create custom invoices...didn't think so much about custom reports,
but I agree that it is a pity not to have some templating mechanism
which can be easily used by non-programmers making Gnucash overly much
more usable/tweakable for wider audience.

All in all, I do not think about this thread about some negative
criticism towards Gnucash, but just the opposite - constructive
discussion to find some appropriate solution. (although I'm not sure
whether just having data stored in a database in 2.4 will make it more
easy.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6