making a copy of my gnucash "stuff" on a flash drive

Hubert Bahr hab at hbahr.org
Sat May 1 16:05:12 EDT 2010

You also need a copy of your GNUcash file. The one you save all you
transactions in. If you do not remember what you named it or where you
saved it, you can go to the "save as" dialog under the files menu and
select the browse for other folders. It will show you the complete path
to your file. The file you want will have an archive symbol as it is a
compressed xml file. There will also be files with the same root name
but with a date-time extension and additional log or sac extension. All
you need is the archive, the others are used for backup and recovery. If
you copy while GNUcash is open it will only get what was last saved. So
save it just before copying the file.

Hubert