Account layout for a personal business

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon May 3 07:34:29 EDT 2010

But the question is, why would you WANT to do this? Why would you want
to co-mingle your business accounting with your personal accounting? Yes
of course, you aren't legally separate entities but you (probably) need
to report your business in a separate section of the tax forms. And yes
you CAN do this by selectively including and excluding accounts from the
reports GnuCash produces but is that easier than keeping two sets of books?

If you keep two sets of books you have the added work of entering the
transactions that represent flows between the books (money going in both
directions between you and your business). But the trade off is less
work with the reports, nice, clean, simple reports.

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.