Gnucash preferences not being stored/read

Mark Jones authentic8 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 08:15:50 EDT 2010

On 03/05/2010 17:43, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Mark Jones<authentic8 at gmail.com>  writes:

>>> Do you have a gconfd-2 process running?
>>>

>> Actually, I have two (lucky me) gconfd-2 processes running at the same
>> time when using Gnucash. Is that normal, and could it cause problems?
>>
> I dont know.  Maybe?
>
> gconf is really a thorn in Gnucash's side on Windows.
>
> -derek

It doesn't seem right. I have tried killing one or the other of the
processes to see if it would then begin reading/storing preferences but,
alas, no difference.

Can anyone else using Gnucash for Windows check their Task Manager
process list while Gnucash is running and tell me whether they have one
or two gconfd-2.exe processes running? Thanks.