gnucash-el project created

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Fri May 7 22:33:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

Why not join a Greek Translation team and provide them the
translatable resource? I think it should be easier than create a new
one. And for .po file, you can submit it to TP directly. (Although, I
know TP is not fast response, I send them a request for several days,
but no response. I'm still waiting to be come a member of Chinese
Team. However, l10n.gnome.org is much faster, and the interface is
much better.)

I checked the Greek translation, I found something you might missing.

1) /accounts/el_GR/*.gnucash-xea
There are only 3 files, and keeping that status for several years. You
can compare to other language, it's about 17 files. So, it would be
good to add more accounts set. You can copy them from C/ then modify
it for your locale.

2) Missing file of doc/README-el.win32-bin.txt, which should be
translated from README.win32-bin.txt to your locale. And modify
packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.in, add it just like other language.

3) po/glossary/el.po is not finished its translation. You might want
to finished it first.

4) The website haven't been translated for Greek, it might also be
good to translate it.

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:18 AM, Nikos Charonitakis <nikosx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have created gnucash-el translation project at
> http://code.google.com/p/gnucash-el/
> Greek speaking people  that using GnuCash are invited to test
> translations, make comments or join this community in order to fully
> localize (Docs included) GnuCash for Greek Language.
> We provide mailing list,blog and several files to start with your involvement
>
> Nikos

Regards

Tao Wang