gnucash-el project created

Nikos Charonitakis nikosx at gmail.com
Sat May 8 09:15:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Tao Wang <dancefire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why not join a Greek Translation team and provide them the
> translatable resource? I think it should be easier than create a new
> one. And for .po file, you can submit it to TP directly. (Although, I
> know TP is not fast response, I send them a request for several days,
> but no response. I'm still waiting to be come a member of Chinese
> Team. However, l10n.gnome.org is much faster, and the interface is
> much better.)

Hi Tao
Submission of po file is not a problem. I can send it to gnucash-devel
or join TP
My intention is to create a community around
gnucash-el and also use the tools provided by googlecode pages.

> I checked the Greek translation, I found something you might missing.
>
> 1) /accounts/el_GR/*.gnucash-xea
> There are only 3 files, and keeping that status for several years. You
> can compare to other language, it's about 17 files. So, it would be
> good to add more accounts set. You can copy them from C/ then modify
> it for your locale.
>
> 2) Missing file of doc/README-el.win32-bin.txt, which should be
> translated from README.win32-bin.txt to your locale. And modify
> packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.in, add it just like other language.
>
> 3) po/glossary/el.po is not finished its translation. You might want
> to finished it first.
>
> 4) The website haven't been translated for Greek, it might also be
> good to translate it.

Thanks for your remarks
Actually  i am aware for most of them but UI and docs translation is my
first priority.

2) For gnucash.iss modification. You need a utf-8 conversion for the Greek text?

Regards

Nikos