Remove GnuCash from my hard drive

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat May 8 10:30:24 EDT 2010

On May 8, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Saturday 8 May 2010, buster wrote:
>> Not happy with program.  Running Mac OX S 10.6.3.  GnuCash unresponsive and
>> have correct version.  Want it out of my computer and keep getting the
>> message "cannot be deleted" when I try to move it to the trash..help
>> please.
>>
> I guess dbus is still running. This is a process that is started when
> launching GnuCash and can cause trouble on OS X.
>
> Try rebooting the computer. That should unlock the GnuCash directory and allow
> you to remove it.
>
> Other than that, you may check this faq to remove all traces from your system:
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_want_to_remove_Gnucash_from_my_Mac._How_do_I_do_it.3F

There are less drastic ways than rebooting to kill dbus.

The simplest if you're comfortable with the command line is to open /Applications/Utililities/Terminal and issue the command "killall dbus-daemon".

Otherwise, open /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor and type "dbus" into the filter window in the upper right hand corner. That will restrict the list to only instances of dbus. Select each in turn and click on the red octagon "Quit Process" tool on the left end of the toolbar and select Quit on the ensuing dialog box.

Regards,
John Ralls