Scheduling query

felix.karpfen at gmail.com felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:26:12 EDT 2010

On May 11, 2010 1:37am, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com> writes:
> > I have scheduled several regular transactions as directed in the
> GnuCash Manual.

SNIP

> > The scheduled entries show up in their designated places - *ultimately*!

SNIP

> > What is the trigger?

> The Since Last Run process. It gets run automatically when you start

> GnuCash, and you can run it manually out of the Actions -> Scheduled

> Transactions menu. There's also the quesiton of how far in advance you

> have your SXes set to post.

> Hope this helps,

It helped!

Half-way there!

Running manually works.

Running automatically still needs a prod. And "Since Last Run" rings no
bells - regrettably.

Simply opening the designated account on the day after the scheduled entry
achieves nothing. My gut-felling is that the "scheduled entries" are added
automatically at the same time as a new manual entry is added to the
account.

I shall soon find out!

Thank you for the pointer.

Felix

PS: This is my second attempt to send this message; "gnucash.org" bounced
the first attempt and claimed my message had some "non-plain text MIME
parts". Since computers never make mistakes, I presume that this was the
case. It might have been an addition made by "gmail" - which is not my
default email program (but I am learning how to use it!).