Which folder do I instal Finance::Quote in?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue May 11 18:44:03 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 6:32 pm, John Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 18:00 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi Derek,
> Have installed Finance::Quote in the /usr/bin folder but when I ran it
> in GnuCash I got the error message 'Unable to retrieve quotes for these
> items'
> I then went back into the Terminal and ran from /usr/bin folder
>> gnc-fq-dump yahoo CSCO
> Here is the output:
> john at john-desktop:/usr/bin$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo CSCO
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: CSCO                 <=== required
>       date: 05/11/2010           <=== required
>   currency: USD                  <=== required
>       last: 25.96                <=\
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>      price: 25.96                <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
> Regards,
> John

This result means you have F::Q installed correctly and GnuCash is finding
it.  So your error is more likely to be a configuration error.  What quote
source and symbol do you have defined in your data file for the stocks in
question?  Most likely you have the stock symbol incorrect, or the quote
source misconfigured.

What do you have configured in your data file that's failing?