Account Colours

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed May 12 03:52:36 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010, Michele Krijnen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering what the Colour is for in Accounts.  How can it be utilized?
>  I haven't managed to locate any documentation on this feature at a..

The color feature can used to help you differentiate accounts visually. The
idea is that when you have an account page open, the tab for that page can
have its own color.

This feature is disabled on Windows though. On Windows, this feature caused
the tab titles to disappear. This bug is outside of the GnuCash code and can't
be worked around easily, so the GnuCash devs decided to disable the feature
altogether on Windows.

But I believe the color selector is still in there anyway.

Geert