OSX copy/paste

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Fri May 14 10:19:22 EDT 2010

On May 4, 2010, at 6:14 PM, John Ralls wrote:

>>> I duplicate a lot of text and serial numbers between GnuCash invoices and my notes in Textedit and retyping all of it is a hassle.
>>
>> I maintain the fink packaging of gnucash (in their lists as gnucash2). I look forward to the day I can quit doing the packaging work and point people toward the .dmg installer of the xquartz-based app. But lack of copy and paste is a deal breaker for me.
>>

> The problem is that large chunks of gdk_selection (gdk is the abstraction layer that allows gtk to work with more than one platform; selection is just what you'd think) aren't implemented for quartz. I don't know when (or if) the Gtk development team will implement it.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

10 days after offering the Gnome foundation $ to help with this issue I finally got this:

=======
Posting of your message titled "Supporting GTK+ / GnuCash Copy/Paste for OSX"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the following reason for rejecting your request:

"Foundation-list is not for gnucash issues/support."
=======

:-/

So I built Gnucash via MacPorts and am now happily copying and pasting.

Thanks everyone!

- Axel

--
Axel Essbaum