Controlling description field expansion

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Tue May 18 12:51:12 EDT 2010

I am still experimenting and learning GC.  I run 2.2.9 on Ubuntu 9.10.

I used Mailing List Search trying to find what I thought I remembered being discussed within the last 12 months on the user list.  So far no luck, at least using the words I tried.   Specifically, I want to know how I can keep the Description field in a register window from expanding.  Or how can I set any and all column heading names to a width of my choice.

I am still reading the tutorial and concepts guide, but have not finished yet.  If it is there, apologies for not finding it yet.

I can definitely use your help, whoever knows what I need.

TIA.

Tom