multi user in GNUCash

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed May 19 14:03:38 EDT 2010

M Prindle wrote:

>Short answer, you can't.  GNUCash is an all or nothing system.  It's
>designed for home and small business users.  If you needing this level
>of accounting you need to consider another package.
>
>Mike

More or less.

GnuCash can of course support multiple book solutions so if you really
wanted to do this you could have an "expense books" and a "revenue
books" as well as main books but a lot more work for that manager. Not
likely a good idea for this situation and the only reason I mention is
that would be something you might want to do if the split of books were
on a different basis (for example, "petty cash" vs the main books; sub
units vs the main books: etc.)

Michael