Is there a way to merge diverged books?

Dmitry V'yal akamaus at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:05:59 EDT 2010

On 05/21/2010 04:05 PM, Yawar Amin wrote:

> Try it out: gunzip both the files, put both the XML files in a single directory, and run a merge. If you've meticulously entered different transactions in different files, you'll see no conflicts. If you do see conflicts, you'll at least know what they are.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's not entirely clear to me what do you
propose, though. Could you please clarify your suggestion a bit?

First of all, there are numerous .log and .xac files inside the gnucash
directory. Should I copy them all from both books into a new directory?

Also, what is a merge you are telling about?

Dmitry