Paid version of GNUCash

Jhonnatan Perkins jhonperkins at gmail.com
Sun May 23 03:47:11 EDT 2010

Michael is right about what he said.

I might like to add, that if, I recall correctly, you'd also have to provide
source code on the CD in order to comply with the GNU license, or at least
give an URL pointing to an available download of it.

It's obvious that many people would feel like Jhon (I used to) about others
selling CDs and DVDs in eBay or whatever and making profit out of open
source (even worser, when they do with commercial software aka piracy!!!),
but let's just be happy that bandwidth availability is becoming bigger and
bigger in all countries so, the time will come when
1. People won't have to pay for an "internet hour".
2. Non-geeks will get more proficient on subjects as what they can get by
means of internet and the power of a search engine.

So hopefully, in the future, no matter your knowledge of technology and
computers, people wanting to try GNUCash will just know how to reach the
download link in the main site, that's my point ;)

And to Shenbaga, I think in order not to have doubts about a given software
and its terms, a quick look at the official page will give you the info you
need, and not based on rumors.