Account Report on search results

Mohamad Al-Saqer malsaqer at gmail.com
Mon May 24 08:46:54 EDT 2010

I can confirm all your points 1, 2 and 3;

However for the Balance column, you can configure the report not to
show it anyways since it is most of the time irrelevant to what you
want to show in the report.

Further, which can be added as point 4 in your email;

4- Search results do not return transaction were the description of
the split transaction matches the search criteria. Only transactions
that main description matches the criteria are returned. I am the
treasurer for a non-profit organization and trying to find my way
through gnucash so I can migrate from quicken 2009. We receive
automatic transfers where the bank statement only shows the sum of all
transfers occurring in one day. I split the transactions to show who
paid what fraction of the whole amount. I put the name of the payee
for each split in its own description line. When I run a search for a
certain contributor, these transactions won't show up.

5- You can not choose the date limits on the account report on the
search results. This means that you must add manually the amount for a
certain financial period.

I am too using 2.2.9.